Last chance for awesome, exclusive rewards!
Untold Memories: Your world is a lie has hit its fundraising goal! As a result, when it ends in just 108 minutes, so will your chance to get any of the exclusive rewards offered. This is your only opportunity to get the original Untold Memories covered in commentary, or letters from your favorite character. It’s also your ONLY opportunity to commission short stories about your favorite character, or request trivia on a wide variety of areas related to the books!
Time’s almost up! If you want any of these rewards, this is definitely the time to go for it!
Neil Gaiman just signal boosted my KickStarter. I just made my initial goal—stretch goals are listed on the KickStarter itself!
Good Omens is my favorite book.
My life is complete.
UPDATE: 25 hours left and a new reward!
If you’ve been interested in Untold Memories at all, now’s the time to jump in! I’ve just added a new reward: now anyone who pledges $1+ will get their name (or the name of their choice) listed in the Acknowledgments section of the book! (This applies to everyone who pledges for any of the rewards listed, not just those who pledge for the $1 reward.)
This is your chance to get a host of awesome, KickStarter-exclusive rewards. They will not be offered anywhere else!
Every dollar helps.
Only 3 days to go, but lots of awesome pledge rewards are available, including several new ones. Take a look!
UPDATE: For the high rollers…
I added a $1000 reward with the following:
- Early previews of the books before they go to print (to be kept top-secret, or I’ll revoke this privilege)
- Paperback copies all of the new books AND the original Untold Memories
- → Signed
- → Including a personal note
- → Also including optional doodles and commentary on many of the pages in the books
- → Each with a handmade bookmark (so 5 altogether)
- →→ Each of which has a handwritten trivia fact about that book
- An hour-long discussion with me about the books
- The write up describing my writing process that sets the various drafts side by side
- → As well as the optional progress emails
- Mentioned in the Acknowledgments section by name
- All of the unlocked ebooks
- All of the unlocked audiobooks
- The 7-30 page background story of a character of your choice
- Say in which scenes to have illustrated, since you’ll have read an advance copy of the book
- 50 trivia facts about the book in the 10 areas of your choice (example topics: Regional Food, Regional Culture, Regional Myths; Book Production, Book Writing, Book Editing; Character X’s Quirks, Character Y’s History, or Character Z’s Relationships. This can also be chosen randomly if you can’t decide.)
- Short vignettes about 5 characters (up to 250 words each) (These can also be chosen randomly if you can’t decide.)
- AND personalized, monthly postcards from your favorite Untold Memories character for the next year! If you opt to have all physical rewards delivered at the same time, I will send you 12 personalized postcards from each of 3 characters of your choice (rather than from a single character)
- →These may include handwritten text, drawings, diagrams, cryptic codes, or anything else your favorite character might say—addressed directly to you!
That’s a lot of personalized content! I can’t make more than five of these sets, so this reward is strictly limited. Reward fulfillment times may change slightly if stretch goals aren’t met, but I currently expect to manage regardless—as long as I hit my initial goal!
THIS PROJECT ENDS 5/31 AT 11:59PM PACIFIC TIME! It’s all or nothing—if I don’t meet my goal, you don’t pay a dime.
Questions? Contact me! (anon is on)
UPDATE: New reward available: Postcards from your favorite characters!
(original post and more information about the book)
Who wouldn’t want a chance to have their favorite character be their penpal for a year? After Untold Memories I: Rayai is released, those who pledge for this tier will get to choose a character from said book and then have a year-long correspondence with them—one postcard a month! These postcards may include handwritten text, drawings, diagrams, cryptic codes, or anything else your favorite character might say—addressed directly to you! (This includes even minor characters or non-human characters.)
$50 gets you all of the unlocked ebooks and audiobooks, PLUS 12 personalized post cards from your favorite character. No two postcards will be identical! (Also, in case they get lost in the mail, I will also send you the digital scans of these postcards.)
If you want this reward, though, you have to hurry: only 5 backers will get this opportunity! (And this all ends in 5 days!)
INTERNATIONAL BACKERS: Please add $15 for additional shipping if you want them month-to-month. If you want them all at once, please add $8 instead. (I wish I could offer it without that caveat, but that’d put me in the red.)
Please contact me if you have any questions!
(click here for more details on this KickStarter)
To give you an idea of how different (and yet similar) the books will be, here is the old cover—and an excerpt from the middle of the book (from the same scene, no less!):
It’s coming at us! Get it! Getitgetitgetit!!!
New and Improved
Three long, snake-like tails flared around the Haubonalyr, each long enough to reach its mouth. As Ray watched, the Haubonalyr struck down a fleeing wolf with one of the bony, scythe-like protrusions on its tail. The wolf howled and became a little girl in a black dress; the Haubonalyr brought the girl to one of its three mouths. She was limp as a doll when it tore off her arm. Laenyn looked away, gulping.
I have to fight it, Laenyn whispered.
Oh, no, you don’t! Ray shouted, trying to pull back against Laenyn’s iron grip on the body. That thing will kill us!
I will never again sell the hilariously terrible original version; if you want it, there are 25 copies available—all signed, with a personalized note and optional notes, doodles, and/or commentary in many of the margins—here. But you can get them only if you pledge in the next week!
NOTE: The new and improved scene will probably change during the final stages of the editing process and may not appear in that form in the final draft of the book. This is just to illustrate the fact that the new draft has significantly changed and improved.
More excerpts of the original book can be found here; more excerpts from the new draft will be posted daily on this blog for the next week.